Monday, June 4, 2012

Awesome ways to waste time

I've been kind of slacking in the posting department, and the only excuse I can come up with is that I've been spending what little spare time I have playing word games and apps.  It's an addiction.  My phone isn't used for talking to people anymore, just for word game apps.  This weekend my husband told me I "should just marry the iPad."  Clearly he is just jealous that I always beat him in Words with Friends.  On the bright side, I am kind of a connoisseur of word games now and can pass on my favorites so you can become addicted too.

*First there is the classic: Words with Friends.  This is just like Scrabble.  Insider tip:  There are sites where you can plug in your letters and it will show you the best move, so if someone is constantly playing words that you have never heard of, they are probably just cheating.  Or maybe thats just what I tell myself to feel better when I lose :)

*Then if you're looking for something a little more fast paced there is Scramble with Friends, which is a lot like Boggle.  Jessica and I have an ongoing Scramble rivalry, and so far she wins like 75% of the time.     I am currently plotting ways to dominate her at Scramble, and my two top tactics so far are to try to play her late at night when she is tired or after she has been drinking.  So all I have to say to you Jess is, you better watch your back.

*Then there is Puzzlejuice.  The app says that this game "is like punching your brain in the face."  A more gentle way to describe it would be Boggle and Tetris having a baby together??

*And lastly, my new obsession: Spell Tower. It's also has Boggle and Tetris elements.  Soooo addicting.  I need someone else to get it so I can play "Debate Mode" via bluetooth.  Come on guys.

Now that I look like a huge nerd, my job here is done.

EDIT: In case anyone wants to take the downward spiral into the dark world of word game apps with me, I forgot to put my username for Words and Scramble with Friends.  It's Kristionary.  Play me.

 

2 comments:

  1. I've only had Spell Tower two days and it's already consumed my life. Also, do I have a drinking problem that you can frequently play me in Scramble after I've been drinking?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovering this blog ladies! I love it!!! Too fun. Going on the blog roll!

    ReplyDelete